Friday, August 21, 2009

Outing I: Transversing the World between Worlds

Tonight I dared to traverse that strange little world between online dating and face to face encounter. What was I trying to prove? It's non-negotiable, ill-advisable, risky and quite possibly lethal. My attempts to manage the gulf sent me scurrying back to the safe harbours of singlehood. There have been some who sucessfully make the crossing, but many - like myself - walk away frustrated by dissapointment (though glad to make a new friend). Chemistry, chemistry, chemistry...how can I make this any clearer. But what is that anyways? If I recount my two encounters with love, I can't even remember how it evolved. Surely there was a point where I knew them only at a distance. I can remember not knowing them and then loving them. But at which point did love enter my heart? That longing to be with them regadless of circumstance, form or apperence. Such things I long for in life. I know only this. If chemistry is no there, I'm utterly the most boring person on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment